And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. – John 14:13-14 KJV
Good morning friends,
Last night, me and a few friends had a chat about the things we love about men and it quickly turned into us sharing our mutual love for Godly men. While talking, it became obvious that an increased love for prayer is something that we desire to see in the men around us. I knew immediately that today was a great day to begin praying that God would raise a generation of men who desire to pray.
So often, we complain about what men lack, but instead of complaining, we could be appealing to the One who has the power to change things in an instant, our Father. I have blogged about how I love men who pray, but I realize I haven’t spent a lot of time praying for men to love prayer as a whole. God brought that to my attention and today, that changes. I am a firm believer in asking God for exactly what you desire, according to His will. I have appealed to God on so many occasions and I’ve seen Him answer many prayers, when prayed in faith and with a “your will, not my will” attitude. I have faith that He’ll be answering prayers according to His will today. This is what I’ll be asking:
- That God would make the hearts of men burn with the desire to pray & intercede for others.
- That God would give men the desire to pray with and for their wives & children (or future families).
- That God would re-direct their focus from the fleeting things that distract them to the things of God.
- That God would turn their hearts toward Him and that He would break them for what breaks His.
- That God would not only make them hunger for prayer, but for the knowledge of who He is and that they would pursue Him wholeheartedly.
My plan for this is to not only ask generally God to raise up a generation of men, but to be very specific by writing out a list with the name of every man I know and pray this over them.
If this is something that your heart burns for, feel free to join me and my friends as we pray today. I’d love to hear about it if you do.